Saturday, February 15, 2014

No knead bread...the EASIEST recipe ever!

I love bread...seriously, I LOVE bread! I have baked bread for many years now. While it is not that difficult, it is time consuming, and let's face it, some days we just don't have that much time.Then, I was given this recipe by a friend. My, oh my, this is so delicious and easy!

No Knead Bread
3 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon yeast
1 1/2 cups water

Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit on the counter overnight.

In the morning, heat your oven to 450 degrees. While your oven is heating, turn your dough out onto a well floured board and form into a ball. Place the plastic wrap over the dough and let it rest.

This bread needs to be baked in something that has a lid. I use a cast iron pot. Put the pot into the oven and let it heat for 20-30 minutes. Do not skip this step or your bread will not crust over on the bottom. 

After your pot has heated, place your bread dough in the pot and cover with the lid. Bake for 30 minutes, remove the lid and bake for an additional 15 minutes. 

You will not believe how good this bread is. It's crusty on the outside and light and tender on the inside. It may be my new favorite bread!






No comments:

Post a Comment