Thursday, September 8, 2011

Drumroll...!!!

What is this, you ask?

Yes! It's an Excalibur Dehydrator 3900 - 9 tray! And guess who now owns one? Right again...ME! My wonderful husband bought it for me for my birthday. It should arrive next week.

This item has been on my wish list for a VERY long time! Not only can I dry fruits and vegetables with more consistency, but I can also make beef jerky, use it as an incubator for my homemade yogurt, make fruit leathers, dry herbs, oh the possibilities! One area that I am really trying to improve on is in throwing out food. I tend to always have a few leftover pieces of food after I cook a meal...part of an onion, a stalk of celery, a carrot... Now, I can just throw these into the dehydrator and no more waste!

I have been researching "ready to eat/just add liquid" soup mixes recently. This should make the process so much more efficient! Look for recipes in future posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment