Saturday, September 10, 2011

Our weekly preparations #2

I had such great ambitions for preparations this week...then the "crud" (as my mom called it) hit. It began with sneezing on Wednesday, followed by major congestion and fever on Thursday. I feel like such a wimp complaining about a summer cold, but I feel like, well....CRUD!


Before I retreated to my bed, with the covers pulled tightly over my head, I was able to dehydrate two trays of carrots and two trays of green bell peppers. (Every little bit helps, right?) What else did I accomplish? ...hmmmmm.... I did a lot of reading, helped increase the stock value of Kleenex, called the local feed store to see when their garlic seed bulbs would be arriving, and that's about it!


During my reading time, I came across an article from Preparedness Pro. "Roxie" so describes our reason for being prepared for whatever comes our way. Although we do not have earthquakes in our area of the country, any number of things could cause us to be in the same situation.  With the permission of Kellene from Preparedness Pro, I am posting the link below:


http://www.preparednesspro.com/blog/the-armenian-woman-of-valor/


I encourage all of you, my friends, to begin taking the necessary steps to be prepared for whatever comes your way. It could be in the form of earthquakes, floods, tornadoes, loss of job, death of a spouse, economic collapse of our nation, whatever it is...BE PREPARED!



Proverbs 6:6-8 "Go to the ant, O sluggard; consider her ways and be wise. Without having any chief, officer, or ruler, she prepares her food in the summer and gathers her provision in the harvest."

This post is linked up with http://homesteadrevival.blogspot.com/2011/09/preparedness-challenge-25.html


3 comments:

  1. That's good that you got some dehydrating done and readings always important! Dehydrating is the next thing on my list of things to learn to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been dehydrating as well and now I'm trying to stash away some good recipes. Testing will begin today with our dehydrated potato discs and green peppers. If you have any, please share. Our oranges are lovely, you should take a peek! I hope you feel better soon!

    http://movingontothepast.blogspot.com/2011/09/pretty-little-orange.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been dehydrating like crazy too. I am trying carrots today to see how that will go. I thought I had enough for two trays, but I only have one tray full! Like you said, every little bit helps!

    ReplyDelete