Sunday, February 5, 2012

Beef Jerky

My family loves beef jerky! but, have you priced it in the stores lately?? It's outrageous! Thanks to the Excalibur Dehydrator my husband bought me, I can now make my own jerky! Here is the recipe I use.


BEEF JERKY
3/4 cup Soy Sauce
3/4 cup Worchestershire Sauce
1 TBLS salt
1 TBLS Liquid Smoke
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp each garlic powder and onion powder (not salt!)
2 tsp Tabasco Sauce


Slice your beef or venison into 1/4 inch thick strips. In a large bowl or ziplock bag, pour the marinade over the beef slices. Refrigerate overnight.


In the morning, place the meat in a single layer on dehydrator sheets. Dehydrate at 100-105 degrees for 4-6 hours, or until it is firm, yet pliable, but not crisp. 






Zach's favorite snack is beef jerky, so this batch will go into a vacuum sealer and be sent to Afghanistan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment