Saturday, February 18, 2012

I am a happy lady!

We have had one of the mildest winters I ever remember! Only on a few nights has it dipped below freezing; the days have been mild and beautiful! Yesterday, the temperature was 68 degrees. It definitely does not feel like mid-February, and it definitely has me yearning for spring and gardening.

I usually plant our early spring/summer garden the end of February to the first part of March. This year, because of our weather, I decided to risk an earlier start. Yesterday, I planted two types of lettuce, three types of carrots, two types of beets, and the early frosty peas. I started 2 types of cabbage, 4 eggplants, and 4 types of tomato plants from seed. I still have a LOT more to start from seed, but at least I have started!

I thought about posting a picture of the garden, but all you would see is dirt, so I'm posting this picture instead.



This was last year's salad garden as it was beginning to grow. Oh, how I love this sight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment